3 Ways to Measure For Rocking Chair Cushions
How To Measure For Rocking Chair Cushions
Please click here or call us at 855-233-5327 if you have any questions.
Please Note: This guide is intended as a helpful reference only – we are not responsible for any inaccurate measurements obtained from the use of this guide.
1. Measure the Seat:
- Measure the depth from the back to the front of the seat.
- Measure the width at the narrowest point, usually near the back of the seat.
- If your chair seat fans out wider at the front or back and you feel you need a customized seat cushion, please contact us with your measurements.
2. Measure the Back:
- Measure the height of the back, from the seat up to the top of the back.
- Measure the width at the narrowest point, usually near the bottom or between the armrests.
- If your chair back fans out wider at the top and you feel you need a customized back cushion, please contact us with your measurements.
- For the back measurement, subtract 3″ because the back cushion will sit on top of the seat cushion, which is 3″ thick. For example, if the height of the chair’s back from the bottom of the seat to the top of the back is 31″, then you would order a 28″ back cushion to account for the seat cushion sitting under the back cushion.
- For all measurements, rounding up or down to the nearest whole inch is a matter of taste – some people like cushions a bit larger and some like them a bit smaller. These are tufted cushions with polyester fill, so actual size may be 1-2″ smaller when brand new to allow the cushions to settle out into their full measurements.
- Because tufted cushions may appear 1-2″ smaller due to the height of the filling, we recommend you order cushions that are at least 1″ larger than you think you need if you would like larger cushions.
- If your chair seat or back is not square or rectangle, but more like a trapezoid, most people still use our square/rectangle cushions. However, keep in mind you can always mail us a pattern with the exact shape and size of your chair. Do this by using a newspaper or butcher paper to trace the outline of your chair, then cut it out and mail it to us. Click here for our contact form or call us at 855-233-5327 for the template mailing address or if you have any questions.